Re: Clobberin' Time...

Wes Hutchings
SubjectRe: Clobberin' Time...
FromWes Hutchings
Date09/20/2001 05:18 (09/19/2001 20:18)
Message-ID<B7CEAE31.5C37%yyrkoon@cwnet.com>
Client
Newsgroupsrec.arts.sf.starwars.misc
FollowsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan
FollowupsPaul \"Duggy\" Duggan (1h & 48m) > Wes Hutchings

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au> Organization: University of Queensland Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:46:32 +1000 Subject: Re: Clobberin' Time...

From: "Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan" <jc122739@jcu.edu.au>

Wes Hutchings
While we're at it explain why it is not hypocritical for you to point the finger at us for not doing what you a nearer neighbor refused to do?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
We are by no means a "nearer neighbour"

Wes Hutchings
You're closer than the US, they reached you by boat.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
No. They went to Pakistan by land. Travelled to Indonesia, paid to travel to America, but were ripped off and sent to Australia.

Which still places them closer to you.

You are making statements about things you don't understand.

Would you like to do the mileage on this?

and I don't support the actions of our government.

Wes Hutchings
I see, but you can criticize me regardless?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
I disagree with your comments.

Do so with a point that doesn't paint you as a hypocrite.

Whether I support or not a loser like John Hoawrd has no bearing on this.

Actually it does as you are using US policy repeatedly in your arguments against me and ignoring or unaware of my actual position.

Wes Hutchings
Hypocrite does fit in this circumstance, it fits you like a glove.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
How so?

Because you criticize me along with the US for not helping everyone, while you admit your nation turned away refugees who arrived by ship. That is hypocritical.

Because I have an opinion, and it is different to the elected officials in my country? I though that was democracy, not hypocracy.0

I'll wait for you to try and catch up.

So you want to justify the killing of Americans?

Wes Hutchings
No, I want to stop the killing of Americans. Again, which part is giving you trouble?

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
The part where you don't realise that escalating a situation does not reduce deaths.

We've done nothing for decades. Look at well that worked at reducing deaths. Grow up, these types of people will always find a way to make their cause seem logical to themselves. We could have been attacked for running Duracell commercials, it didn't matter to them.

No. It decreases the number of people in the country, but increases the number of angry people in the country. More angry people mean more terrorists.

Wes Hutchings
Fewer people equals fewer people. Call it accelerated Darwinism if you wish.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
"Kill everyone who doesn't agree with America"

No, kill everyone who indiscriminately kills for kicks.

America lost a lot of people that day. Did the chances of America using violence against it's enemies increase or decrease?

Wes Hutchings
Increased,

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
But you have less people.

Yes.

Less people is less people.

Yes.

Think of it as accelerated evolution.

We're higher on the food chain.

Wes Hutchings
First on the list was cooperation in terms of seizing bank assets and the permission of countries holding those assets.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
Which will do a lot more then creating matyrs will.

A glimmer of light finally reaches your brain.

The PM and his party we polling badly, and then 2 weeks ago they used the military to keep refugees out of the country. This turned them around in the polls. Offers to support American has given them record numbers.

Wes Hutchings
Not surprising, but hardly an answer.

Paul \"Duggy\" Duggan
I agree with supporting the US, but I disagree with the US reacting in anger rather than with brains.

In this circumstance it is people like you reacting without brains. Ironic yes? if you took a few seconds of thought you'd notice your house of cards is built on the supposition of what the US is doing. You don't know. You ignore the fact they are waiting. You ignore the fact they're doing more than planning for carpet bombings of villages. But that is all you and others choose to see, sans evidence. wes

--- - Dug. --- My other .sig is funny. ---