Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

owl
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Fromowl
Date04/05/2017 23:17 (04/05/2017 21:17)
Message-ID<9tolkigyu.anh@rooftop.invalid>
FollowsDFS
FollowupsSnit (58m) > owl
DFS (4h & 43m) > owl

DFS <nospam@dfs.com>wrote:

DFS
On 4/4/2017 4:49 PM, owl wrote:

owl
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/3/17, 9:45 PM, in article zb3ugoa00.aulu@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
You haven't shown any benefit to that.

Snit
Sure I have... it allows you to group logically separate concepts into separate tables on the same sheet, it allows you to have data where columns do not line up, etc. I focused on this in the video on the magic spell calculation.

owl
And I do all of that using separate windows, possibly embedded into a single window.

Snit
So show it... including the creation process. THAT will show the benefits you are missing... the ease of use.

owl
Here's a creation process for you:

https://vid.me/pG0C

zero to 52000 tables in 2.57 seconds. Each with locked labels and formulas. Instantaneous jump to any table.

DFS
hot damn!

1.4 million tables in a just over a minute. This is in bash. I might try it in C and see if I can get it down to a few seconds per million. Or I could try it in Python to see how slow I could make it.

You could be a heavyweight contender in the sc event in the Owlympics.

I've got enough on my plate already, what with managing Bohemian Grove and suing pornographic comic book publishers...

Snit (58m) > owl
DFS (4h & 43m) > owl