Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

Silver-Tongued Heel
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
FromSilver-Tongued Heel
Date04/13/2017 14:49 (04/13/2017 08:49)
Message-ID<9tKHA.1550$2S2.976@fx15.iad>
FollowsChris Ahlstrom
Followupschrisv (21m)

On 2017-04-13 5:33 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

Chris Ahlstrom

Marek Novotny
On 2017-04-12, Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

// snip

Steve Carroll
I worked with PCs but I wanted an Apple. They were initially too expensive so I waited until the IIe came down to around $1500.00, which was still a bit of $$ back then.

Marek Novotny
I wanted an Apple ][ as well. I got to use one very briefly in the seventh grade. I saved up for a Commodore VIC-20 which I didn't like too much.

Chris Ahlstrom
Why not? Except for less memory and fewer characters per line, it was a C-64? :-)

Was that actually the case? When I was a kid, a friend of mine had a Vic-20 and another one on the next street had a Commodore 64. To say the least, the C64 games looked pretty damned good whereas the Vic-20's software, in general, looked like absolute shit.

Marek Novotny
Later I got the Commodore 64 which I have to say turned out to be fantastic. I consider my time on the Commie 64 to be a golden era. It was so fun. I had a modem, a terminal, ran a BBS on it and met a ton of people from all over the world on that little cheap box.

Chris Ahlstrom
Meet any trolls on your Commode-Ore? :-D

Snit Michael Glasser Prescott Computer Guy was already lurking on the C64 BBS' running at 300 BPS letting everyone know what their choosing the C64 over the Apple ][ "comes down to."

-- Silver Tongued-Heel OpenMedia & EFF Member Gab.ai: @silverslimer

chrisv (21m)