Message-ID<D50A5B8D.9CE17%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
Followsowl
Followupsowl (5h & 9m) > Snit

On 4/4/17, 10:23 PM, in article avjz003.g@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/4/17, 8:59 PM, in article i88vz003.pvh4e2@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
Apple crew is just a bunch of clods.

Snit
I think it is good to have both available -- they do different things and both are of value!

owl
So "duplicate" deletes the original?

Snit
Ah, another place you are lacking in common sense -- of course it does not. That is not what the word "duplicate" means and nobody suggested it should or would do such a thing.

owl
So "duplicate" makes a duplicate but doesn't delete the original, and "save as" creates a copy and doesn't delete the original; but "duplicate" and "save as" "do different things." Granny is confused.

First, with no sarcasm or insult, I commend you for admitting to an area of computing you are ignorant about. All too often in COLA people see that as a weakness and refuse to do so. You have little experience with such systems... and even if you did you still might not know.

But before we get to the differences, I want to make sure you realize that we are now talking about multiple features here:

* Renaming a file (which can be done open or not) * Moving a file (which can be done open or not) * Labeling a file (which can be done open or not) * Duplicating a file (which can be done open or not) * Saving a file (which can only be done if open) * Saving as a new file (which can only be done if open)

In any case, we started with talking about the first three bullet points (especially the first two, renaming and moving) and then you changed topics to duplicating and saving.

It's not faked. It's very real. And by the way that "bizarre zooming" is xmag, which has been around since the dawn of time. I'm surpised you didn't recognize it. My window manager doesn't support zooming, so I use xmag.

Snit
I did not know the program but I saw what you did. Just bizarre zooming. Why not just, well, zoom in and show what you want to show? Do it in post production so you can stay focused on the topic.

owl
I might look into that at some point, but all post production stuff is probably more effort than I want to put into these things.

Fair enough... I have to keep in mind that you use a system where such things are not as easy. What you produce is fine and, given the limitations, the way you zoomed makes sense.

-- Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>

owl (5h & 9m) > Snit