Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
FromSteve Carroll
Date04/07/2017 17:22 (04/07/2017 08:22)
Message-ID<b1977722-447f-4e86-9adf-b9361e201e49@googlegroups.com>
FollowsDFS

On Friday, April 7, 2017 at 7:11:31 AM UTC-6, DFS wrote:

DFS
On 4/6/2017 12:34 PM, Steve Carroll wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 6:20:30 AM UTC-6, chrisv wrote:

chrisv
Sandman wrote:

Sandman
some thing wrote:

Snit
Look at Carroll and his "gluey" and the "he who shall not be named" and the "the thing" and more.

Sandman
I can't "look" at anything because you provided no substantiation to look at. Only mere claims. So you have two claims that need support:

"What about when those who troll me refer to me with derogatory nicknames"

What "nicknames"?

"as they do so often..."

How often is that?

chrisv
Well, you must concede that the thing is sometimes mentioned, without using its name. However, if the obsessed Carroll is excluded, those mentions are not very frequent, and would be quite rare, if the thing would only stop trolling (or, better yet, drop dead).

Steve Carroll
Blah... blah... I made a promise to Snit and I intend to keep it.

DFS
On your deathbed, urgently pressing the call button: "Nurse! This is Steve Carroll in ICU room 3. Help please. I need to plug my Chromebook in - I have a promise to keep."

LOL! Unless I was taken there against my will I doubt my deathbed will be in a hospital.

At the Little League game: "Umpire, umpire, time out! I know it's bottom of the 9th and the winning run is at bat, but I need a minute - I made a promise to Snit and I intend to keep it right now." Sitting in a chair in a shrink's office: "Doctor, quit trying to use your psych degree on me! Just let me have a minute to feed this sick obsession you'll never cure me of."

I guess one could argue that I'm 'obsessively' keeping my promise. I figured Snit would've done the one thing he knows he needs to do by now, his not doing so is the real obsession here... which is similar to yours: coming to a newsgroup for an OS you hate for decades is only driven by obsession.

heh! You'll be haunting Snit from beyond the grave.

Nah... because at that point he'll no longer be able to do that 'one thing' so I'm out from under the promise. Snit whines if you break a promise... we can't have that ;)