Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

owl
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Fromowl
Date04/05/2017 00:42 (04/04/2017 22:42)
Message-ID<av9z00.bhddi@rooftop.invalid>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (2h & 26m) > owl

Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/4/17, 2:12 PM, in article a90bq3gjuu3.d3@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/4/17, 1:41 PM, in article abz89z03.gvhy@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/3/17, 10:01 PM, in article abzc003.agu@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
I already showed connecting remotely from a VM to the host and having the app windows display on the VM.

Snit
Hey, I shared mine in a way where you can just click a link. I likely will set yours up in the next day or two, but why not just give me easy access like I gave you?

Seems you won't / can't.

Again, just easy access -- no passwords or anything, just a simple link, even if not 100% fully functional enough to get the basics. And allows me to just download a file and double click (assuming I am on desktop Linux and have a common program that generally comes with the OS).

owl
I guess this is what you want (it may show up as an attachment depending on your newsreader):

Snit
Will play with it later... thanks. Looking at it just briefly, though, I see where it is six files (compressed) and for most users would just lead to confusion. I assume I need change permissions on startem, startemx, and ud... and then run startem?

owl
The perms should already show as executable.

Snit
Ah. In some ways that is good... but also a security risk.

Nope. It does not auto-execute, and the source is there for you to peruse in advance of running it. Unlike with Numbers. Who knows what that Numbers does behind the scenes. You choose to trust a corporation that refuses to cooperate with law enforcement.

Snit (2h & 26m) > owl