Message-ID<D50ABCD3.9CF16%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
Followsowl
Followupsowl (27m) > Snit

On 4/5/17, 3:05 PM, in article avb990q2.bvh3@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
There's no functional difference between "sheets" and "tables." They are just labels for particular implementations of spreadsheet functionality, with only slight differences in presentation. It's all just tabular data with numeric capabilities.

Snit
You are speaking in terms of sc and not in general, right? If so, thanks. Even for MS Office they are pretty much the same (though not always), but in Numbers they are very different and it is common to have more than one table per sheet (and more than one sheet per file, and more than one file per window though the use of tabs).

owl
That's all presentation. How are tables and sheets "very different"? For that matter, how are they different in any way?

A sheet can have zero, one, or more tables. Again, this is in Numbers... not saying it should in sc, but as we compare the two we need to realize we mean different things by "sheets" but mostly the same by "tables".

Without making a new video to go into details, look at what I already posted:

<https://youtu.be/VzVKlou6byU>

The five tables I am working with: Range, Time, Force, Mana, and Total

All of those are on one sheet: Kids RPG Rules - Magic System

Other than positioning and presentation, what is the difference between a table and a sheet in Numbers?

A sheet need not have a table at all... where a table, well, always has a table. :)

It is sort of like asking what the difference is between text and a word processor: a word processor can handle text (and more, including images and one or more text boxes) but you can also have text in other type of programs (text editors, spread sheets, web browsers, etc.).

-- Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>

owl (27m) > Snit