Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
FromSteve Carroll
Date04/12/2017 23:38 (04/12/2017 14:38)
Message-ID<51432cd6-4f73-447c-ae25-4fdaaf74e66b@googlegroups.com>
FollowsMarek Novotny
FollowupsMarek Novotny (5m)

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 12:46:16 PM UTC-6, Marek Novotny wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-04-12, Steve Carroll <"Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On 2017-04-12, Marek Novotny <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-04-12, Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

// snip

Steve Carroll
I worked with PCs but I wanted an Apple. They were initially too expensive so I waited until the IIe came down to around $1500.00, which was still a bit of $$ back then.

Marek Novotny
I wanted an Apple ][ as well. I got to use one very briefly in the seventh grade. I saved up for a Commodore VIC-20 which I didn't like too much. Later I got the Commodore 64 which I have to say turned out to be fantastic. I consider my time on the Commie 64 to be a golden era. It was so fun. I had a modem, a terminal, ran a BBS on it and met a ton of people from all over the world on that little cheap box.

Steve Carroll
My supervisor at the time had previously (before I bought my IIe) purchased an Apple II, I think he said he paid around $3000 for it. All we did was play Castle Wolfenstein on it. He let me borrow it for a weekend and that was it, downhill all the way ;)

Marek Novotny
Killer App for me was the terminal. I loved BBSes. I had phone bills that would blow your mind...

I mainly stuck to the local boards. I remember when I went up in speed from my 110 baud modem, it almost went fast enough so that I couldn't discern a line at a time ;)