Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

owl
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Fromowl
Date04/11/2017 00:36 (04/10/2017 22:36)
Message-ID<ahzuv00.hgby@rooftop.invalid>
FollowsSteve Carroll
FollowupsSteve Carroll (18h & 24m)

Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 2:43:27 PM UTC-6, owl wrote:

owl
Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 2:17:15 PM UTC-6, owl wrote:

owl
Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 1:47:36 PM UTC-6, owl wrote:

owl
Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 1:35:12 PM UTC-6, owl wrote:

owl
Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll

owl

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 10:46:25 AM UTC-6, owl wrote:

Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

On Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 4:30:52 PM UTC-6, owl wrote:

DFS <nospam@dfs.com>wrote:

On 4/8/2017 2:23 AM, owl wrote:

Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

I've had enough of your bullshit. Plonk.

I don't see it sticking...

Well, it's actually a hard kill this time. Let him chit chat about his psychosis with Carroll and Sandman for the rest of his time here in cola. He won't get any more attention from me.

???

OK, we'll go with your description then...

LOL! I shoulda spelled it out as: What finally changed your mind? Is it even final?

Probably more final than your switching to something other than google groups and thereby nullifying the motivation for the flood.

Steve Carroll
If my laptop is handy I use it on posts that are not dealing with trolling BS.

owl
Not that I care about your personal usenet experience, but occasionally I read cola from the phone via GG, and whenever I do I can't help but send you a telepathic "Thank You" for your effort.

Steve Carroll
That's not me.

owl
What's not you?

Steve Carroll
The way I read it... sounds like you're blaming me for the flooding.

owl
I think you are being targeted through your use of google groups. No one else even sees the flood.

Steve Carroll
Probably true enough; that I've seen, virtually no one responds. Seems to me, If it does anything, it just makes readers kill all GG posts, which is probably a good thing being that they don't care about usenet. I thought you could use a terminal on your phone? So why use GG?

owl
I could, but I just haven't bothered setting it up, plus the phone screen is so tiny, and if I enlarge it tin crashes with screen-to-large error or some such.

Steve Carroll
You could do what Sandman does, get a usenet feed going into a fluid front end. You don't even need the database stuff if all you want to do is read (as opposed to reading and searching). You see that 'Crackle' page I made that looks like Google Groups?

<https://vid.me/XMuf>

I should hook a usenet feed up to it...

owl
Funny think I just noticed, shelling in to my laptop from inside the lan and running tin. Tin has vi navigation, which makes is great for navigation, but I'm so used to that navigation from muscle memory that when I have to do it with one finger on the phone, I have to stop and think what the keys are, because ordinarily the key names never enter into the process. Your fingers just go where they need to.

Steve Carroll
So is tin actually usable for reading on your phone, then?

So long as you don't tilt it, which can tin to crash. https://howdoipinballblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/tilt.jpg

Steve Carroll (18h & 24m)