Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

owl
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Fromowl
Date04/01/2017 01:19 (03/31/2017 23:19)
Message-ID<ablaico3.ss@rooftop.invalid>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (2h & 48m) > owl

Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 3/31/17, 4:48 AM, in article ab003g.hi4@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
https://vid.me/UgNo Spread your work out how you want it with sc. There are two views of the main sheet (green), and two sets (yellow and blue) of other sheets. Data enterened into any of the auxilliary sheets gets totaled and sent to the main sheet.

Snit
Right... you can have related tables, but you can only have one table per window, right? You cannot, for example, have someone open a page and get something like this (hmmm, though I had an old video of this... maybe not, so made a new one):

<https://youtu.be/V2bRLDuaVOk>

We've been over the embedding of windows in X11. xterm has it as an option, and xdotool allows it for most any window. Of course, this is window embedding, not document embedding, but you can simulate document embedding by using a frame and sizing/positioning the embedded window to the frame, then having text appear to wrap around the embedded window by wrapping around the frame.

Snit (2h & 48m) > owl