Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

owl
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Fromowl
Date04/06/2017 04:00 (04/06/2017 02:00)
Message-ID<a0zciv83.ayv@rooftop.invalid>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (3m)
Silver-Tongued Heel (10h & 47m)

Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/5/17, 6:49 PM, in article lazvci3.agvh3@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/5/17, 2:17 PM, in article 9tolkigyu.anh@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
Here's a creation process for you:

https://vid.me/pG0C

zero to 52000 tables in 2.57 seconds. Each with locked labels and formulas. Instantaneous jump to any table.

DFS
hot damn!

owl
1.4 million tables in a just over a minute. This is in bash. I might try it in C and see if I can get it down to a few seconds per million. Or I could try it in Python to see how slow I could make it.

DFS
You could be a heavyweight contender in the sc event in the Owlympics.

owl
I've got enough on my plate already, what with managing Bohemian Grove and suing pornographic comic book publishers...

Snit
Have you ever had a need to do this type of work in the "real world"? NOT putting it down but just curious if this is real-world for you or just an academic interest.

owl
What kind of work?

Snit
Any.

owl
Porn?

Snit
I would not be surprised to find you need that type of data tracking and calculations to track your collection... but whatever.

With porn, presentation is everything.

Snit (3m)
Silver-Tongued Heel (10h & 47m)