SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Message-ID<D513EFC1.9EC48%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsSilver-Tongued Heel

On 4/12/17, 2:47 PM, in article vfxHA.54$uf1.43@fx40.iad, "Silver-Tongued Heel" <sl@im.er>wrote:

Silver-Tongued Heel
On 2017-04-12 1:42 PM, Steve Carroll wrote:

Steve Carroll
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 10:24:46 AM UTC-6, DFS wrote:

DFS

Melzzzzz
On 2017-04-12, DFS <nospam@dfs.com>wrote:

DFS
On 4/12/2017 8:33 AM, Melzzzzz wrote:

Melzzzzz
then again, not until 1994 I really start to enjoy computers...

DFS
Why not? I enjoyed DOS programs from '85 to '91 or so: Norton Commander, Javelin, Lotus 1-2-3, dBase, Paradox, Norton Utilities...

And then a little later came Doom and Heretic and Hexen.

Melzzzzz
I couldn't afford PC in that time...

DFS
Yeah, they were expensive back then. I think my Dad gave me my first PC (an 8086).

Today USD 1500 will get you a nice PC. That's 174758 RSD. Will that buy you a good system over there? Is that expensive relative to rent and food and gasoline?

Steve Carroll
I worked with PCs but I wanted an Apple. They were initially too expensive so I waited until the IIe came down to around $1500.00, which was still a bit of $$ back then.

Silver-Tongued Heel
What year was this? I still have trouble accepting that people actually got work done on those 8-bit machines. They seemed fairly useless.

I got started with an Apple IIe and a 2400 baud modem (I think that is what it was). Was able to do basic word processing, spreadsheet use, and it even had a decent database -- All in AppleWorks. Also wrote basic BASIC programs and played with BBSs. :)

Not a great video but the basics of how it worked: <https://youtu.be/T7ps0-Z7_4U>

-- Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>