Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

owl
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Fromowl
Date04/04/2017 22:49 (04/04/2017 20:49)
Message-ID<avz003.ahbu3@rooftop.invalid>
FollowsSnit
FollowupsSnit (30m) > owl
DFS (19h & 6m) > owl

Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/3/17, 9:45 PM, in article zb3ugoa00.aulu@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
You haven't shown any benefit to that.

Snit
Sure I have... it allows you to group logically separate concepts into separate tables on the same sheet, it allows you to have data where columns do not line up, etc. I focused on this in the video on the magic spell calculation.

owl
And I do all of that using separate windows, possibly embedded into a single window.

Snit
So show it... including the creation process. THAT will show the benefits you are missing... the ease of use.

Here's a creation process for you:

https://vid.me/pG0C

zero to 52000 tables in 2.57 seconds. Each with locked labels and formulas. Instantaneous jump to any table.

With YOUR suggestion, with an open source tool, we saw the hazard: an unknowing person could have lost data. Twice.

owl
We saw you move the goalposts beyond the specifications.

Snit
Yeah, I merely noted I wanted an open file to be renamed

And that specification was met.

Snit (30m) > owl
DFS (19h & 6m) > owl