SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
Message-ID<D50A636E.9CE44%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
FollowsDFS

On 4/5/17, 8:55 AM, in article oc33rd$8p0$3@dont-email.me, "DFS" <nospam@dfs.com>wrote:

DFS
On 4/4/2017 4:49 PM, owl wrote:

owl
Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>wrote:

Snit
On 4/3/17, 9:45 PM, in article zb3ugoa00.aulu@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
You haven't shown any benefit to that.

Snit
Sure I have... it allows you to group logically separate concepts into separate tables on the same sheet, it allows you to have data where columns do not line up, etc. I focused on this in the video on the magic spell calculation.

owl
And I do all of that using separate windows, possibly embedded into a single window.

Snit
So show it... including the creation process. THAT will show the benefits you are missing... the ease of use.

owl
Here's a creation process for you:

https://vid.me/pG0C

zero to 52000 tables in 2.57 seconds. Each with locked labels and formulas. Instantaneous jump to any table.

DFS
hot damn!

You could be a heavyweight contender in the sc event in the Owlympics.

Three observations:

1) Owl is right that sc is an amazing tool for many use-cases 2) Owl feels the need to point such things out when use-cases tools he does not use shine 3) Ah, but he is human and thread drift happens... and we all get to lean from this.

-- Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>