Re: spreadsheet ergonomics

Steve Carroll
SubjectRe: spreadsheet ergonomics
FromSteve Carroll
Date04/11/2017 19:15 (04/11/2017 10:15)
Message-ID<4c9eed24-04f4-4458-97d7-645e49c6c35d@googlegroups.com>
Followsowl
FollowupsMarek Novotny (5m)

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 11:13:02 AM UTC-6, owl wrote:

owl
Marek Novotny <marek.novotny@marspolar.com>wrote:

Marek Novotny
On 2017-04-10, Steve Carroll <fretwizzer@gmail.com>wrote:

Steve Carroll

Marek Novotny
On 2017-04-10, owl <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

// snip

owl
Funny think I just noticed, shelling in to my laptop from inside the lan and running tin. Tin has vi navigation, which makes is great for navigation, but I'm so used to that navigation from muscle memory that when I have to do it with one finger on the phone, I have to stop and think what the keys are, because ordinarily the key names never enter into the process. Your fingers just go where they need to.

Marek Novotny
A really light laptop with a cellular modem works the best.

Steve Carroll
OK, now that you brought it up... I vote that you send him one. If crackhead can get a MBA, at the least, owl deserves a light laptop ( and maybe a couple of tickets to the playoffs of his choice ;)

Marek Novotny
I have an older Dell 15.6" XPS first or second gen Quad core i7, and AMD graphics GPU. It is heavy but still works just fine. I am retiring it and Owl is welcome to it if he wants.

I also have an older Dell 13" XPS ultrbook which I modified for Linux. It has Intel HD 3000 graphics and a dual core i5 I think. It has an M.2 256 GB SSD. The resolution is 1366 x 768 or whatever that mid-range res is. It's very similar to the original Dell Sputnik but it started out as Windows and I modified it myself.

Owl is welcome to that if he wants.

Likely in the near future I will think about retiring the Lenovo T450 which has cellular modem. Although this is the Lenovo I fixed myself. I replaced the original crappy 1600x900 LCD with an IPS 1920x1080. But I had to peal away the bezel twice and while it looks pretty darn good it's not perfect. The bezel shows signs of my work and the panel has one dead pixel. Other than that it is a dual core i5. It's less than two years old at this point and I am still using it.

Steve Carroll
I saw that multi-button mouse thread... talk about the power of suggestion... the girl scouts on your block must be makin' a killing!

Marek Novotny
Jez, I guess you have my number and I am cracking up. Next time the girl scouts stop by I'll snap a photo. I actually tend to buy at least 10 to 20 boxes of cookies from them. And then I give them out to the warehouse at work. :) Who doesn't like Girl Scout cookies!!

owl
Thank you for the offer, but I couldn't accept.

Suppose he threw in a coupla boxes of cookies?