Message-ID<D50851E0.9C986%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com>
Followsowl
Followupsowl (15m) > Snit

On 4/3/17, 7:15 PM, in article lahuz003.8au33@rooftop.invalid, "owl" <owl@rooftop.invalid>wrote:

owl
You whined about dependencies. Numbers is a dependency or the file is worthless.

Snit
Um, what?

Perhaps you do not understand the concept of dependencies?

owl
Perhaps you don't.

Well, I am sure there are details I do not know... but with the file I am speaking about you need either a modern web browser or the Numbers program. Nothing more (assuming you have those things actually running on your system with all that they need!)

Snit
I mean, sure, to use a program you need that program. To use sc you are pointing to a bunch of other programs one may very well not even have (even on Linux).

owl
So nothing from a Linux repo qualifies as competition for a Mack app because installing it would install dependencies. OK.

Not sure what word game you are trying to play. Can you get more specific?

And even with those other programs to tie into sc and support your scripts, as far as I know nothing comes close to what I have shown you. Your solution surely does not.

And, again, the disclaimer for those with egos tied to Linux and the tools who run on it and who need this: this does NOT mean sc does not have benefits Numbers does not, does not mean Numbers is the best tool for major number crunching or even for other more mundane tasks, etc. I am in no way putting your work down (to the contrary I admire it) nor putting sc or bash down (they are fine tools).

A shame such disclaimers are needed in COLA... but, so be it.

-- Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>

owl (15m) > Snit