Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

PeterN
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromPeterN
Date04/17/2014 19:59 (04/17/2014 13:59)
Message-ID<lip4q10e81@news1.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck
Followupsnospam (2h & 22m) > PeterN

On 4/16/2014 7:59 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-16 23:31:14 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
On 4/13/2014 8:02 PM, nospam wrote:

<snip>

nospam
again, this isn't about me. it has absolutely nothing to do with me no matter how hard you try to spin it that way. nor does it have anything to do with me insisting that people use it. none of that is true. use whatever the fuck you want. i'm just pointing out the advantages. you are welcome to not learn anything new.

lightroom was written to increase productivity of photographers by providing all of the common tasks photographers do in one place, without burdening them with stuff they'll rarely or never use (although there are ways to do those on the off chance they do).

it succeeds in doing that.

PeterN
Yes, but not for all photographers. for event photographers and folks who shoot a set of images under similar lighting conditions, it is fine.

Savageduck
Where did you come up with that idea? LR handles batch adjustments in much the same way ACR handles batch adjustments. Its usefulness and functionality is not limited to "event photographers and folks who shoot a set of images under similar lighting conditions". I certainly don't use LR for batch processing, and I am quite capable of taking advantage of the tools and features it provides one image at a time. I am also well aware of its limitations and know when to move to PS.

PeterN
You are missing that LW is not an either/or tool. And most of us here are not fooled by you "most" ----- bullshit.

Yes ACR does all that. And as I've stated LR is simply ACR on steroids. IIRC the original purpose for LR was to create a speed processing tool, where sophisticated editing was not a requirement. It was originally designed to be an easy to use combination organizer and processor. We are both aware of its limits.

-- PeterN

nospam (2h & 22m) > PeterN