Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Floyd L. Davidson
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromFloyd L. Davidson
Date04/08/2014 04:45 (04/07/2014 18:45)
Message-ID<87mwfw5ykk.fld@barrow.com>
FollowsSavageduck
Followupsnospam (8m)

Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-08 00:12:15 +0000, floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) said:

Floyd L. Davidson
If you don't know the difference between what happens when invoking a High Pass Sharpen as opposed to UnSharp Mask or Richardson-Lucy Deconvolutional Sharpen or Wavelet Sharpen, and instead think that Smart Sharpen is easy and does what you need... maybe you just don't know what actually is relevant!

Savageduck
Why is it you believe PS users don't know the difference between *High Pass Sharpening* & *USM*? Some of us simpletons have a fair idea of the concept.

Very few photographers have any idea what the difference is. That includes PS users, and it includes those who post here.

I have no concept of what *you* as an individual know about it. Enlighten me!

Does "Bicubic sharper" or "Bicubic smoother" have more or less ringing, and how does that compare to Unsharp Mask?

How about haloing?

Why does photoshop use Bicubic sharper for down sampling and Bicubic smoother for upsampling. Which is related to a Mitchell filter and in what way, and the same with some form of Lanczos filter?

Or just tell me that none of that is relevant, and why...

-- Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/ Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@apaflo.com

nospam (8m)