Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/13/2014 15:34 (04/13/2014 09:34)
Message-ID<130420140934525948%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (1h & 44m) > nospam

In article <arpbk9lqcl51mbqvh0b6opd3dvt4l6vedq@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

nospam
maybe you have more free time than you know what to do with, but most people don't, which is why choosing the most efficient and productive way to do what needs to be done is a good idea and that *doesn't* mean compromising the results, as certain people here claim.

i'm getting the same (or better) results in *far* less time with lightroom than i ever did with photoshop, and i can still use photoshop for the occasional images that need additional work. overall, it's a huge, huge productivity boost.

Tony Cooper
So, you weren't very good with Photoshop. It's a program for grown-ups, so don't feel badly.

nospam
back to your usual ad hominems.

i'm *very* good with photoshop, not that it matters. this isn't about me.

Tony Cooper
If you were *very* good with Photoshop, but spend far less time now with LR, you were either meticulous but slow in PS or are being sloppy in LR.

nonsense.

Unless, of course, your photos were so bad when you used PS that they needed a lot of work and you've now improved your shots so they don't require as much work.

also nonsense.

At the same skill level in both LR and PS, some time might be saved in LR with a large volume of shots, but "far less time" is a bogus claim.

it's not bogus at all.

Of course, all we have is your word for it for any claim.

feel free to refute whatever i say with proof, not insults. you can't, which is why you resort to insults.

nospam
the key is people can do most things in *less* time using a different app.

Tony Cooper
It's wonderful that you have more time now to make all these posts that contribute nothing, contain nothing interesting, and are mostly repeating the same old shit. Maybe you should go back to trying to learn how to use Photoshop.

nospam
maybe you should try discussing the topic rather than resorting to insults. not that i expect that any time soon.

Tony Cooper
I don't think there's anyone here - including me - who is consistently more insulting to other people than you are. In just about any exchange with anyone here, you will end up insulting them if they don't agree with you. Other than you and Popinjay, I don't insult anyone very often. Floyd gets on my tits once in a while, but I'm usually dispassionate in my exchanges with him.

i don't insult people unless they insult me first.

if i disagree with them or think their statements are false and in some cases ludicrous, i will say so, but i do *not* insult the person unless they insult first.

Tony Cooper (1h & 44m) > nospam