Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromTony Cooper
Date04/16/2014 06:02 (04/16/2014 00:02)
Message-ID<rf8rk9d0ano827c39flp812opslje0psni@4ax.com>
Followupsnospam (7h & 30m) > Tony Cooper
Sandman (9h & 30m) > Tony Cooper

On 15 Apr 2014 12:28:42 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <voapk91tut3nc60h3spbk3o6372gevlsuq@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

False logic. If person A usually walks to the store and person B suggests to use a bicycle to get there faster and bring back more products, then the veracity of that claim doesn't hinge on person B providing examples of his own endevours with a bicycle. He may not even own or need a bicycle and the claim would still remain true.

Tony Cooper
What are "endevours" [sic] one does on a bicycle? You might try "experiences" in that sentence, but I know you'd rather stay with your rather odd uses of English.

Sandman
Classic troll tactic - spelling/grammar flame instead of trying to argue the point.

Tony Cooper
No, actually it was a word usage flame. I don't care how you misspell it, I just wonder how one has endeavors on a bicycle. Unless "Endeavors" is a brand name for chockladbullars. They could be consumed on a bicycle.

Sandman
What is chokladbullars [sic], troll?

Not is, are. Swedes used to call them negerbolls. I did misspell chokladbollars, though.

Tony Cooper
You're making all about you because - evidently - it's improved your previously ineffective workflow so you think everyone else must benefit by doing what you say you do.

Sandman
How is this "evident", Tony? nospam has said exactly nothing about his own experience with Lightroom, or if he even uses it.

Tony Cooper
You're the expert at finding previously made statements. You could find dozens that show that he uses LR.

Sandman
Class troll misinterpretation - who claimed he didn't use Lightroom? No one did. You made a claim that it was evident that Lightroom had improved nospam's supposed inefficient workflow. I asked you how that is evident, nospam has not told us about any inefficient workflow and how - if at all - Lightroom has improved it.

YOu just have an agenda and are trying to inject insults at every turn.

Tony Cooper
I will admit, Popinjay, that you have brass balls when it comes to attempting to duck and weave to avoid being caught out.

Sandman
Classic troll diversion.

Tony Cooper
You said: "nospam has said exactly nothing about his own experience with Lightroom, or if he even uses it".

I provided three cites - gleaned just from the last two days of posting - where he (Oh, here's your word) substantiates that he does use LR.

Sandman
Something that has not been in question. Classic troll diversion.

Oh, your "...or if he even uses it" seems you questioned it. But, then, all I have to go on is you rather odd way of using English. Most (yeah, "most") people would take "or if he even uses it" to mean you question if it's known he's been using it.

Tony Cooper
You did go the sneaky route and snip the cites, and then pirouetted around to change your statement from "if he even uses it" to "how Lightroom has improved it". Gina Tse couldn't dance around any better than that.

Sandman
Your cite's did not substantiate your original claim, or even the misinterpretation of my question.

Tony Cooper
Oh, and he *did* say how LR improved his workflow in one of the cites you cowardly snipped:

i'm getting the same (or better) results in *far* less time with lightroom than i ever did with photoshop, and i can still use photoshop for the occasional images that need additional work. overall, it's a huge, huge productivity boost.

Sandman
You forgot to include a quote of nospam citing HOW it improved his workflow.

Ah, but nospam plays it close to the vest. He makes numerous allusions to the great improvements LR has made in his workflow (which must have been positively buggywhipish before to improve as much as he intimates), but he never really gets specific. nospam thinks "*much*" or "*a lot* or "*far* less time" is description enough. He allegedly takes photographs and processes them, but that's all that can be squeezed out of him.

Tony Cooper
This was not one of your better moments.

Sandman
Classic role-reversal. And utterly ironic.

Tony Cooper
Why aren't you just enjoying your vacation? The weather's improved.

Sandman
I am. Making fun of trolls on usenet is something I have time to do before we go out or at night when get back.

Take a break, then. nospam will flounder along without your coming to his aid for a week or two. You are sinking faster here than the Vasa did. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (7h & 30m) > Tony Cooper
Sandman (9h & 30m) > Tony Cooper