Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Message-ID<slrnlknr1g.t0r.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (7h & 8m) > Sandman

In article <npujk910b349iierlk4npjqqmaljfh44k3@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
Imagine that list after someone switched to Lightroom - and all the things they're suddely doing quicker, ey?

Eric Stevens
But only after learning how to use light room.

No, that's calculated in. I.e.even after including the time it takes "learned" Lightroom, you're still ahead in terms of efficiency.

For the record - Lightroom is super easy to ue and learn. You can be up and running in five minutes and then learn new things while using it.

In the examples I quoted (which you snipped) very little new learning was required.

Sure it was, you spoke about new versions of the operating system, that can require at least as much learning as Lightroom to use to its full extent.

It was old and familiar software, with a few new bells and whistles, riding on a faster horse.

In what way is Windows 8 "old and familliar" to a Windows XP user?

I know light room is relatively simple to learn but you have to process a significant number of photographs to make the time saving (compared with whatever else it is you know) worth the effort.

But it's still worth the effort, just like in your examples.

-- Sandman[.net]