Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/17/2014 18:56 (04/17/2014 12:56)
Message-ID<170420141256312896%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsPeterN (2h & 38m)

In article <lin3rt02f2m@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

nospam
again, this isn't about me. it has absolutely nothing to do with me no matter how hard you try to spin it that way. nor does it have anything to do with me insisting that people use it. none of that is true. use whatever the fuck you want. i'm just pointing out the advantages. you are welcome to not learn anything new.

lightroom was written to increase productivity of photographers by providing all of the common tasks photographers do in one place, without burdening them with stuff they'll rarely or never use (although there are ways to do those on the off chance they do).

it succeeds in doing that.

PeterN
Yes, but not for all photographers.

nobody said all photographers. nothing works perfectly for all photographers. that's nothing more than a straw man.

lightroom is a *very* successful product, which could only happen if it excelled at what it does.

for event photographers and folks who shoot a set of images under similar lighting conditions, it is fine.

much more than just those two groups.

You are missing that LW is not an either/or tool.

i never said it was an either/or. in fact, i said that in the event something can't be done in lightroom, it can be roundtripped to photoshop if needed.

And most of us here are not fooled by you "most" ----- bullshit.

it's not bullshit. you're just being argumentative (and ignorant) as usual.

most means not all. you said yourself it's not all, therefore it's most. adobe didn't create lightroom for niche applications. it's a mainstream app, and very, very successful.

PeterN (2h & 38m)