Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/06/2014 08:44 (04/06/2014 02:44)
Message-ID<060420140244471835%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsFloyd L. Davidson

In article <87bnwfozfu.fld@apaflo.com>, Floyd L. Davidson <floyd@apaflo.com>wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
But I'm very positive that Linux and GIMP provide both a flexible platform and the functionality necessary to do professional work with photography.

yet so few professionals use linux and the gimp, so obviously it lacks what actual professionals demand. in other words, you're wrong.

I don't do cinematography, but that has also been done with Linux.

in a render farm, not as a desktop system.

movies are almost always made with final cut and/or avid and then offloaded to a render farm, whose system makes no difference whatsoever to the user.

The main point is that it doesn't do exactly the same things that they are used to with Windows or a Mac.

that's the whole point. the gimp is so far behind the curve it's not even funny.

the gimp still lacks adjustment layers, which photoshop had *twenty* years ago.

the gimp also doesn't support a non-destructive workflow and doesn't appear to be getting it any time soon.