Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

PeterN
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromPeterN
Date04/20/2014 19:30 (04/20/2014 13:30)
Message-ID<lj106k013nh@news1.newsguy.com>
FollowsEric Stevens

On 4/19/2014 8:50 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:

<SNIP>

PeterN
I used to sharpen on the luminescence layer in LAB, but since CC it has not been necessary, unless I want to deliberately oversharpen with minimal halos. I mostly use LAB for specific color effects that are not available in RGB without a lot of futzing.

Eric Stevens
It's good at getting rid of haze too.

i use levels for that, one channel at a time. You can also get rid of haze selectively using a graduated mask. Make a selection, then: (select ! modify ! feather.

You can also use this technique for blurring, etc. Yes I know ther are commercial presets for this, but This technique works for me.

-- PeterN