Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Floyd L. Davidson
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromFloyd L. Davidson
Date04/06/2014 06:27 (04/05/2014 20:27)
Message-ID<87bnwfozfu.fld@apaflo.com>
FollowsBob
Followupsnospam (2h & 17m)

Bob <bob@spam-place.com>wrote:

Bob
In article <050420142151024366%nospam@nospam.invalid>, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>wrote:

nospam
In article <LNWdnRzMcIkGD93OnZ2dnUVZ_g-dnZ2d@swcp.com>, Bob <bob@spam-place.com>wrote:

Alan Browne
All that said, when you're serious about photography and raw you should seriously get away from Linux and The Gimp.

Bob
Why would you write this?

nospam
he wrote it because it's true.

Bob
So you're both saying that it's not possibile to produce good photos using Linux and Gimp?

Which is true... for them. I'm not sure they can do that with any software though.

But I'm very positive that Linux and GIMP provide both a flexible platform and the functionality necessary to do professional work with photography.

I don't do cinematography, but that has also been done with Linux.

The main point is that it doesn't do exactly the same things that they are used to with Windows or a Mac.

-- Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/ Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@apaflo.com

nospam (2h & 17m)