Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/06/2014 08:44 (04/06/2014 02:44)
Message-ID<060420140244532208%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsSavageduck

In article <2014040522524022304-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
Windows and OSX are probably vastly superior for producing run of the mill snapshots for Grandma's family album or to post on Facebook.

Savageduck
Windows & OSX graphics and digital imaging software do a pretty good job of producing outstanding images for print, and other display. They also have the capability of producing those *run of the mill* snapshots. I wouldn't know about Facebook, I don't play that game.

not only a pretty good job, but windows and os x are what pros choose when the absolute highest quality is not only desired, but *required*.

you don't see ad agencies or commercial photographers fucking around with the gimp. it's almost always adobe photoshop and lightroom.

Floyd L. Davidson
For those who have higher aspirations there are alternatives that are better.

Savageduck
You seem to be taking a somewhat lofty and condescending perch there Floyd.

it's all he can do when there's no facts behind his arguments.