Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/06/2014 14:09 (04/06/2014 08:09)
Message-ID<060420140809109640%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsSavageduck

In article <201404060047514157-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
Everyone that lacks any idea of what an image editor should do buys this, so you too buy this! I buy what will best produce the results I need.

Savageduck
Actually that is what I do.

Floyd L. Davidson
You might, but when you advise others that is not what you say.

Savageduck
I made my buying choices after serious and deliberate consideration including taking a hard look at GIMP. You made yours based on what would fit your Linux model, without even running any of the Win or OSX software. You seem to be quite ignorant of the current capabilities and features of PS CS6/CC.

not only is he ignorant of what photoshop can and cannot do (any version, not just cs6) as well as what other apps are available on both platforms, but he's also very ignorant about mac and windows themselves.

i can't help but notice that just about everyone who claims the gimp is great has never used anything else. it's all they know.

on the other hand, those who actually have used both the gimp and other apps can readily see just how limited and clunky the gimp really is.