Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

PeterN
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromPeterN
Date04/17/2014 21:40 (04/17/2014 15:40)
Message-ID<lipamv0h53@news1.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck
Followupsnospam (41m) > PeterN

On 4/17/2014 1:49 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-17 17:31:50 +0000, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
On 4/14/2014 10:10 PM, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <02kok91enmqd9asbl0s6sja1se73tpmo1u@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

and this isn't about learning a new app from scratch either. typically there's a new feature that simplifies what you've been doing before. for instance, content aware fill can in many cases, drastically reduce the amount of time needed to retouch a photo, and it's not that hard to learn how to use it.

Eric Stevens
Yeah. Photoshop and Gimp are the same except that Photoshop has content aware fill.

nospam
and a zillion more features.

Eric Stevens
How long does it take for you to learn a zillion more features?

nospam
you don't have to learn every single one of them, but they're there if you need or want any of them, something a gimp user will not have.

Eric Stevens
Agreed, but there is a learning time.

nospam
it's not as long as you might think.

PeterN
And it's so easy, that Scott Kelby makes a small fortune inteaching how to use it.

Savageduck
Only because he has told us we need him to understand all things Photoshop, & LR. I have only bought one Kelby book, his PS CS3 tome which gave me a solid understanding and grounding for PS which has given me the ability to move through the upgrade mine field to take advantage of new features as they appeared. I have also bought and digested Matt Kloskowski's "Layers" which should be mandatory reading for any PS user.

There are plenty of free online resources including much of what Kelby offers and stuff directly available from Adobe and in PodCasts. Every week I take in two to three free PS or LR podcasts which open my eyes to stuff I have been ignorant of, and which ease and improve my workflow. I am constantly learning as I don't yet know it all.

Agreed. I ony mentioned that because there is someone here who keeps insisting PS and LR are easy to learn.

-- PeterN

nospam (41m) > PeterN