Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/07/2014 18:51 (04/07/2014 12:51)
Message-ID<070420141251443823%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Followssid
Followupssid (5h & 34m) > nospam

In article <1664657.oMNUckLgyt@thecrap.blueyonder.co.uk>, sid <sidney@sidshouse.net>wrote:

ray carter
As I understand it, most all the open source software is based on dcraw - so they're going to have similar capabilities with different interfaces and some extensions.

nospam
and with similar limitations.

sid
what limitations are these?

everything has limitations and dcraw is no different. among its limitations are it's speed, quality and supported cameras, as well as its user interface.

ray carter
In the past, I've found dcraw useful to get a quick look at things by extracting the jpeg thumbnail (dcraw -e).

nospam
once again, more work than needed. on a mac, there's no need to run anything (especially using a command line). a simple tap of the space bar gives a quick look of nearly any file (photos, pdfs, spreadsheets, zip files and much more), which is why it's called quick look.

sid
So how does quick look know which file you would like to see?

the ones you have selected. obviously.

sid (5h & 34m) > nospam