Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Alan Browne
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromAlan Browne
Date04/06/2014 17:23 (04/06/2014 11:23)
Message-ID<X-2dnZNxls0Q7NzOnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@giganews.com>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsFloyd L. Davidson (53m)
Jeffery Small (13h & 24m)

On 2014.04.06, 11:10 , Tony Cooper wrote:

Tony Cooper
It seems that only Floyd has kept the original poster's question in mind. The poster didn't ask what OS or what software would be an improvement on what he has. He asked what can be done to work with what he has.

Floyd - presumably - did a good job in answering this. I say "presumably" because I use neither Linux nor Gimp and don't know how practical Floyd's response was.

It's too bad that questions like the original poster's get diverted into battles over OS and software with the same old points being rehashed over-and-over. Nothing new was brought up.

I replied to the OP and I pointed out that the UFRaw settings that were displayed looked a bit off to me, and one in particular (WB) was suspicious. I told the OP to make some adjustments to get (closer) to a baseline position. Since I no longer have the Gimp (or Linux) installed, I didn't take it further to test the settings that he had.

He did not reply to that - so I wonder:

1) Were we trolled? (Again).

2) Who's the troll? (And I have my suspicions).

-- ... it may be that "in the cloud" really isn't the best term for the services these companies offer. What they really want is to have us "on the leash." -David Pogue, Scientific American, 2014.02