Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromTony Cooper
Date04/10/2014 02:46 (04/09/2014 20:46)
Message-ID<arpbk9lqcl51mbqvh0b6opd3dvt4l6vedq@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (3d, 12h & 48m) > Tony Cooper

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:07:56 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <jp89k99e62mdkgjslu0rih4hbm2o444fo8@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
As for "complicated", it's the prerogative of the user to determine what they are willing to do to achieve a finished product that pleases them. Amateur photographers are not generally on deadlines or otherwise required to be particularly efficient. If we - and I'm in that group - want to ten minutes on an image when you might get to the same place in two, that's our option. Since we haven't seen anything of yours, we're not even sure you can turn out results that are what we think to be acceptable even if you are working with an uncomplicated and efficient system.

nospam
it's not a question of deadlines or whether you think my photos are any good.

why spend more time than necessary doing something?

Tony Cooper
You have absolutely no idea how much time I take on an individual photograph.

nospam
that detail does not matter.

it's the relative amount not the absolute amount.

Someone else's time is none of your business.

using software that makes someone more productive reduces that amount of time in the vast majority of cases no matter how long it takes.

maybe you have more free time than you know what to do with, but most people don't, which is why choosing the most efficient and productive way to do what needs to be done is a good idea and that *doesn't* mean compromising the results, as certain people here claim.

i'm getting the same (or better) results in *far* less time with lightroom than i ever did with photoshop, and i can still use photoshop for the occasional images that need additional work. overall, it's a huge, huge productivity boost.

Tony Cooper
So, you weren't very good with Photoshop. It's a program for grown-ups, so don't feel badly.

nospam
back to your usual ad hominems.

i'm *very* good with photoshop, not that it matters. this isn't about me.

If you were *very* good with Photoshop, but spend far less time now with LR, you were either meticulous but slow in PS or are being sloppy in LR. Unless, of course, your photos were so bad when you used PS that they needed a lot of work and you've now improved your shots so they don't require as much work.

At the same skill level in both LR and PS, some time might be saved in LR with a large volume of shots, but "far less time" is a bogus claim.

Of course, all we have is your word for it for any claim.

the key is people can do most things in *less* time using a different app.

Tony Cooper
It's wonderful that you have more time now to make all these posts that contribute nothing, contain nothing interesting, and are mostly repeating the same old shit. Maybe you should go back to trying to learn how to use Photoshop.

nospam
maybe you should try discussing the topic rather than resorting to insults. not that i expect that any time soon.

I don't think there's anyone here - including me - who is consistently more insulting to other people than you are. In just about any exchange with anyone here, you will end up insulting them if they don't agree with you. Other than you and Popinjay, I don't insult anyone very often. Floyd gets on my tits once in a while, but I'm usually dispassionate in my exchanges with him.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (3d, 12h & 48m) > Tony Cooper