Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/09/2014 15:07 (04/09/2014 09:07)
Message-ID<090420140907589740%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (9h & 58m)

In article <ov2ak9ppne5cdr3enes47u939rc44dsq1g@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
I've been housebound for nearly 7 months and I have had plenty of time to explore the capabilities of PS (ever since I subscribed last November). I know what many of the various functions do, at least as well as Adobe will let me know. That includes the various sharpening functions. However, as far as I know, Photoshop has no plug in which will do wavelet sharpening (I could be wrong) but as I have recently posted Paint Shop Pro does. http://aftershotpro.com/plugins/index.html?plug=waveletsharpen3

There are other plugins for PSP for which, as far as I know, there are no equivalents in PS.

<http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~raananf/projects/eaw/> <http://6sightreport.com/2010/04/26/wavelets-sharpen-photoshop-images/> Technology for ³Edge Avoiding Wavelets² is in the improved new Sharpen Tool in Photoshop CS5 and its ŒProtect Detail¹ feature ‹ technology licensed from Yissum Research Development in Jerusalem, Israel.

and for plug-ins, this goes back nearly 20 years, for photoshop 5 (not cs5): <http://cas.ensmp.fr/~chaplais/Photoshop_Wavelet_Workout/>

also: <http://www.topazlabs.com/vivacity/> The wavelet-based filter in Vivacity offers quick and effective noise reduction that does not destroy detail. Learn more about the new Topaz DeNoise.

and fwiw: <http://www.neatimage.com/mac/features.html> Neat Image incorporates the most advanced noise reduction algorithms in the industry that surpass the quality of all classic noise reduction methods and even that of the wavelet-based methods. Although the wavelet-based methods were developed relatively recently, Neat Image uses an even newer and more efficient approach to noise reduction.

Eric Stevens (9h & 58m)