Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromTony Cooper
Date04/14/2014 04:10 (04/13/2014 22:10)
Message-ID<oufmk9tr76qu1959vsdqh6joged9pu4hbu@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (23m) > Tony Cooper

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 20:02:53 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
lightroom was written to increase productivity of photographers by providing all of the common tasks photographers do in one place, without burdening them with stuff they'll rarely or never use (although there are ways to do those on the off chance they do).

it succeeds in doing that.

What is the "burden" of features of a program that someone doesn't use? A burden is something that slows you down or causes you some inconvenience.

PS allows working in CMYK. I've never worked in CMYK. Is it a burden for me to use a program that contains a feature that I don't use?

LR does not have the "stuff" that many people do use. I think it's a burden to have to open a file in PS to be able to use the clone tool. It's a burden I'm willing to live with because of the other advantages of using LR, but the idea that we are burdened if there are features we don't use in a program is just more bullshit.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL