Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

nospam
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Fromnospam
Date04/13/2014 15:34 (04/13/2014 09:34)
Message-ID<130420140934415309%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (9h & 32m) > nospam

In article <npujk910b349iierlk4npjqqmaljfh44k3@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Sandman
Imagine that list after someone switched to Lightroom - and all the things they're suddely doing quicker, ey?

Eric Stevens
But only after learning how to use light room. In the examples I quoted (which you snipped) very little new learning was required. It was old and familiar software, with a few new bells and whistles, riding on a faster horse.

very little learning is needed for lightroom. if you've used camera raw in photoshop you already know how to use camera raw in lightroom. that leaves very little left, mostly just how to rate images, work with smart collections, etc., and if you've used bridge it will be fairly familiar.

I know light room is relatively simple to learn but you have to process a significant number of photographs to make the time saving (compared with whatever else it is you know) worth the effort.

nope. even shooting a dozen photos, the difference is noticeable. obviously the difference is bigger the more you shoot but it really doesn't take that many photos.

Eric Stevens (9h & 32m) > nospam