Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
Message-ID<slrnll6t4e.rul.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (2h & 58m) > Sandman

In article <ji66l91ojri86traih712j3lsvjks5lr00@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
Exactly. And it's not a trick. It's a classic troll tactic to "summarize" someone elses compiled statements to mean something that person never actually said.

Eric Stevens
It's also a troll trick to ask for a cite for a direct quote of what that person never actually said.

No it isn't. Asking for substantiations for explicit claims is not a troll tactic, Eric.

Well of course he didn't actually say that. The particular meaning congealed from with a cloud of diffuse verbiage.

Sandman
You're basically confirming what I'm saying - the conclusion was made by the troll based on "diffuse verbiage" - i.e. a specific conclusion based on nothing specific.

Eric Stevens
Do you really mean that you think that nospam used all those words to no effect whatever?

Classic troll diversion. It is obvious that I have said nothing about the purpose of nospam's "words" at all. I am merely correctly pointing out that you just confirmed that nospam had said nothing specific and that the troll in question had drawn a specific conclusion from it nonetheless.

Certainly he conveyed a meaning which could be extracted from what he had said.

You are free to interprete as you please, but when you make explicit claims based on no explicit statements from someone else, then you will have to support your claim.

Sandman
Both points conclude that nospam's earlier workflow was "ineffective", "creaky" and "useless". There is no question or conclusion that postulates that the earlier workflow was very good and that the new one is even better, which is a perfectly valid option.

Eric Stevens
Then nospam has the opportunity to say 'no' to both postulates. But you didn't wait for that: you immediately assumed the worst and attacked Tony on that basis.

Haha!

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (2h & 58m) > Sandman