Re: Any Minolta/Sony users ...

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?
FromTony Cooper
Date04/17/2014 23:18 (04/17/2014 17:18)
Message-ID<mpg0l9501saa4ctpcomsdvde0mmiteb4fd@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (57m)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:21:43 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <lipamv0h53@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PeterN
Agreed. I ony mentioned that because there is someone here who keeps insisting PS and LR are easy to learn.

nospam
for the basic stuff they definitely are.

that's part of their design, where someone can get results right away without spending weeks learning the app, but as they work with it, they learn more about what can be done and how to unleash its true capabilities.

for example, in lightroom, drag a bunch of images to it to import, make some adjustments if desired (individually or batch), rate the images and reject the duds, choose the best of the bunch and and then export them to jpeg or even upload directly to facebook or flickr or whatever. it doesn't get much easier.

Isn't that basically what one does in Photoshop? I rate or delete the images in Bridge, and then open them in PS in groups. In LR, the images are exported as .jpgs (or whatever), and in PS the images are saved as .jpgs (or whatever). I wouldn't know if PS uploads to Facebook or Flickr because both are a ten foot pole away.

With baseball shots, I do use LR as you describe except for the F/F uploads. I use two different keywords: Baseball 2014 and Baseball 2014D. The first is for all that kept, the second is for the ones I'll use on the end-of-season disk for all parents of the team members. -- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

nospam (57m)