Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromSavageduck
Date04/05/2014 04:57 (04/04/2014 19:57)
Message-ID<2014040419574055472-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowsSavageduck

On 2014-04-05 02:42:29 +0000, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>said:

Savageduck
On 2014-04-05 01:52:59 +0000, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>said:

Tony Cooper
On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 08:39:45 -0700, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
...but why do we have to revisit this again and again when the issue has been beaten to death several times?

Tony Cooper
Because there's no talk of photography. Here, I'll get the ball rolling with some recent shots.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Babe-Ruth-Baseball-2014/i-mbcJGhj/0/XL/2014-04-02-051-XL.jpg

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-8rqbdzJ/0/XL/2014-03-29-121-XL.jpg

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-bmq37gL/0/XL/2014-03-29-122-XL.jpg

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-n22J7zd/0/XL/2014-03-29-123-XL.jpg

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-dqNrD29/0/XL/2014-03-16-12-XL.jpg

Nice

stuff.

How

Savageduck
do you like your D300? It should have a different heft to your D60, and the burst-CL/CH mode can be useful for action shots. Also for those action shots using CL/CH it is worth setting the focus mode from "S" to "C". I have my D300S set up with the Custom Shooting & Setting banks set for "Standard/normal", "Landscape", "Action", & "B&W". For B&W I shoot RAW+JPEG with the RAW going to the CF card and the JPEGs going to the SDHC.

For "Action" my shooting bank is set as follows: Primary Slot: CF Secondary slot function: overflow RAW WB: Auto Set picture control: NL High ISO NR: Normal Auto ISO: On; Max 1600, Min shutter speed 1/320. This is one I tweak depending on event and lighting situation, and will sometimes turn off. It works for me for motor sports where there are lighting variations due to movement in and out of shadows.

My Actions setting bank: a1: Release & Focus a2: Focus a3: 51 point(3D-tracking) a8: AF51 c1: off d5: Whatever you are comfortable with I have the MB-D10 so I use &

...er that should have been "...I have the MB-D10 so I use 7".

-- Regards,

Savageduck