Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Sandman
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
Message-ID<slrnljvk73.9me.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens

In article <ifsuj95sh7hru011ncm2s6gcpq8tsuvdua@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Tony Cooper
But, no, I don't think your error was "unforgiving"[sic]. Nor is it unforgivable. (Funny how "Ironic" comes and bites you in the ass.)

Sandman
How so? I am not posting spelling and grammar flames, and I am fully aware that I make such mistakes,

Eric Stevens
You could have fooled me. :-)

Sandman
By what posts where I posted grammar and spelling flames, Eric?

Eric Stevens
There is a mistake: your claim that you are "fully aware that I make such mistakes". :-)

How is that a mistake? In this very thread I made several and been very upfront about them, Eric.

Sandman 03/31/2014 <slrnljhv5m.m40.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"What was that you said about "juvenile style", Andreas? As I said, I make errors and I admit to errors. I have no pride invested in my spelling or grammar, so I can freely admit to making errors, like I did here."

Or a multitude of other occurances. Here you're correcting me when I misused a word:

Sandman 12/07/2013 <slrnla6v6u.sdv.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"Agreed, my mistake."

See how I used the word "fired" and you suggested that the word "laid off" was more appropriate? If I were Tony, I would have argued for weeks that I coulnd't possibly have used the wrong word! Words bend to my will!

But no, I accepted the correction, agreed with it and admitted to the mistake.

Or other occasions where I've admitted to using the wrong word or phrase:

Sandman <mr@sandman.net> 08/02/2013 <mr-92099F.18483002082013@News.Individual.NET>fonts

"Ooops, I meant "textbook example". My mistake. This was a mistake I made by in my head translating the swedish expression "skolboksexempel" which literally becomes "school book example", but the real translation is "textbook example". Sorry about that."

Or even:

Sandman <mr@sandman.net> 06/28/2013 <mr-4B1E79.11090528062013@News.Individual.NET>fonts

"Oh? That may very well be! I freely admit not to know the exact origin of "begs the question", and apologize for any confusion."

I'm sure I can find more, if you're interested :)

-- Sandman[.net]