Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromEric Stevens
Date04/04/2014 03:14 (04/04/2014 14:14)
Message-ID<vj1sj9lfdk8ld7ft2d2eoaomm0dlbeo958@4ax.com>
Followupsnospam (3m) > Eric Stevens
Sandman (4h & 27m) > Eric Stevens

On 1 Apr 2014 08:00:42 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <4dmkj9prio9l5monb21ahu6i0b6op9176f@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

I am perfectly aware of the meaning of the word "gross", which is why I am baffled by your misuse of it. Accidentally writing "is" when one should have written "are" is pretty much one of the tiniest and "non-bloated" ways to make a grammar mistake.

Tony Cooper
When you write one sentence of ten words, and make an obvious an glaring mistake in that sentence, it's an unattractively large error. Blatant, even.

Sandman
Then you just made a gross error yourself. Ironic, wouldn't you say?

Tony Cooper
And, when presented with that mistake, you *still* "missed" it, it becomes even more of a glaring and gross error...especially when you weasel away and claim it is a "tiny" error.

Sandman
Because you think it's an enormous and unforgiving error? This is seriously what you have sunk to, Andreas? Posting spelling and grammar flames blowing them way out of proportion? Especially when you make similar errors yourself.

As I've said many times, I have no problem admitting to an error when I make it, but that doesn't mean I'll make fun of your trolling flames in the process.

Tony Cooper
A typo, omitting a "d", is not a grammatical error.

Sandman
Who claimed it was? Srtill a very very gross error, according to Andreas.

Tony Cooper
And, I do catch my errors the first time.

Sandman
Haha, best joke of the day, Mr Clown Dictionary. You still don't know the meaning of words such as "protocol", "requirement" or what a "Photoshop Plug-In" is. Remember such fantastic quotes such as:

Tony Cooper 03/17/2014 01:29:18 PM <81qdi9p509anhalqskqa7cqu8d57g8412o@4ax.com>

'Only Adobe can call a plug-in a "Photoshop Plug-in"'

And quite right too. Once Adobe has called it that, so too can other people. If you haven't got Adobe's approval, the proper way to describe it is as a 'plug-in for Photoshop'.

Tony Cooper
But, no, I don't think your error was "unforgiving"[sic]. Nor is it unforgivable. (Funny how "Ironic" comes and bites you in the ass.)

Sandman
How so? I am not posting spelling and grammar flames, and I am fully aware that I make such mistakes,

You could have fooled me. :-)

so no irony to bite my ass here. Only guys like you that has some form of pride invested in these matters and post spelling/grammar flames are subject to the irony when you make errors yourself.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens