Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

nospam
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
Fromnospam
Date04/04/2014 01:18 (04/03/2014 19:18)
Message-ID<030420141918479803%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (5h & 22m) > nospam

In article <ramrj9hcmdo62a6rabqu4s2veu2m5rit7v@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Sandman
I'm just not what "position" that's supposed to be, here? I mean, the points he posted above are just basic facts.

The first; "competitve doesn't mean below cost" is just a very truthful statement. One can be competitive without undercutting competitors, just look at Apple.

Scott Schuckert
Apples and oranges, if I may be so bold. Apple doesn't compete with anyone;

nospam
nonsense. apple competes with every other company making similar products, including computers, phones, tablets, mp3 players and numerous accessories.

Eric Stevens
He's not talking about Apple. He's talking about Apple sales outlets.

same thing in this case. the stores compete with non-apple stores selling non-apple products (and even apple products).

Scott Schuckert
no one but Apple (or it's very small number of authorized resellers, who are tightly price-controlled) sells Apple products.

nospam
so what?

Eric Stevens
So there is no real competition between Apple sales outlets, at least not to the extent that there is between independent camera stores.

nonsense. of course there is.

Eric Stevens (5h & 22m) > nospam