Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

PeterN
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromPeterN
Date03/14/2014 23:00 (03/14/2014 18:00)
Message-ID<lfvu3f12ra7@news3.newsguy.com>
Followsnospam

On 3/14/2014 11:07 AM, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <lfuu5r$eiv$1@speranza.aioe.org>, PAS <ntotrr@optonline.net> wrote:

PAS
The classic camera store is a thing of the past for most folks.

nospam
exactly why it's no surprise calumet closed. those that claim to be surprised are blind to what's happening. certainly the workers there must have noticed there weren't very many customers anymore.

it's rare that a camera store can offer services to where they can stay in business.

PAS
We have two within a short walking distance of each other that we can go to: Cameta Camera and Berger Bros. I do like Cameta a lot and bought my first camera from them about 30 years ago. I'm not a fan of Berger Bros. Fortunately, Cameta is doing so well as an eBay business that they'll be around for quite a long time.

nospam
they might close their store and be just an online seller.

they get a lot of local support, and they match Internet prices.

-- PeterN