Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

nospam
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
Fromnospam
Date03/25/2014 10:45 (03/25/2014 05:45)
Message-ID<250320140545065013%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsPeterN

In article <lgqeve08mu@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

Martin Brown
But there is something inherently dishonest about pretend customers going and exploiting the expertise of the handful of remaining bricks and mortar stores and then buying their stuff online for slightly less.

PeterN
folks who do that don't seem to realize that they are ultimately costing themselves a valuable source of information.

not really. most stores have salespeople who want to close a sale, whether or not it's a good choice for the customer. there isn't a whole lot of information, and sometimes it's not even correct.

I grew up as a street kid. When I see glowing reviews on the Internet, I become suspicious.

read more of them.

If the brick and mortar stores don't stay in business, it will e a great loss to society.

the better stores will stay. the not so good ones won't.

if the customer saves money by buying online, that's a *gain* to society because they have more money to spend elsewhere.

and the not so good stores will be replaced with better stores, which is also a gain.

Creative directors will determine our purchasing habits.

nonsense.