Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromEric Stevens
Date04/05/2014 10:44 (04/05/2014 21:44)
Message-ID<jjgvj9l2t3096agf81jsutpdmr0q6iobco@4ax.com>
Followsnospam

On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 22:34:45 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <lhneta02uaq@news3.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

Tony Cooper
When I bought my iPad, no one at the Apple store tried to tell me that an $89 tablet would be a better buy for my needs. I would not expect them to, and I would not want them to.

Sandman
That's only because the Apple Store is not a reseller of tablets,

Tony Cooper
Oh, then, your defense of nospam's contention is that a store will only tell you need something less expensive because they don't think you need the expensive item *if* they also carry less expensive items?

nospam
why would a store tell you you need something they don't sell? then you will go buy somewhere else.

PeterN
Because the store manager is looking for along term relationship?

nospam
not many of them do that.

PeterN
While I was still in college I was interviewed for a sales position. The interviewer asked me to sell him a pencil. I answered "not if you don't need one. I was offered the job, on the spot.

nospam
a completely meaningless anecdote.

Not to me it isn't. --

Regards,