Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromEric Stevens
Date04/03/2014 23:32 (04/04/2014 10:32)
Message-ID<gpkrj9lqacs5f42s0s071s42miqnmvro2f@4ax.com>
FollowsPeterN
FollowupsPeterN (1d, 1h & 39m) > Eric Stevens

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 18:09:48 -0400, PeterN <peter.newnospam@verizon.net>wrote:

PAS
As much as something may benefit us, if the federal government has no Constitutional authority to do it, then they simply should not do it.

PeterN
Yup! Except that there is clear Constitutional authority. Indeed the prime reason for a government is to provide for the welfare of the people.

The prime reason for a government is to defend the realm.

All else is icing on the cake.

Where you and I differ is that you are relying on your church to provide for well being. Not very long ago each ethnic group took care of its own. e.g. If you were Jewish and needed a job, there were some Jewish owned companies that would hire you. If you were not Jewish, that company would only hire you if they really needed your services, and no Jewish person could be found to fill that position. Similarly, most ethnic group took care of its own. Once we rightly determined that refusal to hire because of race or religion, etc., it became the duty of the government to provide for the general welfare. I commend Article I Section 8 to your reading. I also recognize that you do not agree with my interpretation of the Welfare Clause, and call it a redistribution of wealth. To paraphrase Madison, the Constitution must be interpreted using common sense.

I will be happy to discuss the further offline. BTW are you going to the PFLI Spring Spectacular?

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

PeterN (1d, 1h & 39m) > Eric Stevens