Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Scott Schuckert
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromScott Schuckert
Date03/20/2014 15:23 (03/20/2014 10:23)
Message-ID<200320141023389513%not@aol.com>
FollowsUsenet Account

In article <lgemg2$n01$1@nanae.eternal-september.org>, Usenet Account <nospam@invalid.invalid>wrote:

Usenet Account
Employees should be considered as secured creditors, and IMHO should have a level of protection.

They are, to some extent. I don't recall all they details, but wages get a fairly high (but not the highest) level of protection. I've had companies go out from under me more than once, and I've always gotten at least some percentage of what was owed. Admittedly, it can take years.

However, the outrage seems to be that employees weren't given any warning, and essentially told not to show up to work tomorrow, or ever. As I've previously said in this thread, that's entirely normal, and in fact more notice than I'VE gotten in same cases.