Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

nospam
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
Fromnospam
Date04/04/2014 02:39 (04/03/2014 20:39)
Message-ID<030420142039250117%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper
FollowupsTony Cooper (21m) > nospam

In article <cqqrj91ivpn1tvnnsut2asiamial2s5o9r@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:56:15 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
b&h states that free shipping is up to 7 days, which for those who failed math, is *one* week, not two.

Tony Cooper
Read the site. "Up to 7 business days". "Business days" are Monday through Friday even though the post office delivers on Saturday, but B&H doesn't ship after noon on Friday and they are closed on Saturday.

the post office is a 24/7 operation. once it has shipped, it moves on sat/sun. in fact, a priority package mailed on saturday will arrive the following monday, which is actually 'next day' delivery, not the 2-3 days that it is supposed to be.

if a package goes ups/fedex it might sit for a day over the weekend but otherwise, it's moving. fedex ground states 5 business days to ship across the country, one day of which is processing at the local depot so it's really 4 days to make the journey, which means it *must* be moving over the weekend (or you got lucky and it went by air).

the up to 7 business days simply means they're going to take their time processing the order and it might not ship it for a couple of days, which leaves around 5 days in transit. if you live near new york city, it will likely be just one day once mailed.

I gave you a clue with "calendar days" above.

7 business days is not two weeks. it's a little more than 1 week.

B&H is owned by Orthodox Jews and they close on Friday at 2 PM and re-open at 10 AM on Sunday. They are also closed on certain Jewish holidays.

they are also open on non-jewish holidays, including memorial day, july 4th and thanksgiving (although usps/fedex/ups won't be).

nospam
depending on where you live and what you ordered, it will likely be quicker than that (thus the words 'up to'). those close to new york will likely get it in a couple of days. for free.

Tony Cooper
The orders I've placed with B&H come in about 10 (calendar) days to 2 weeks depending on the day of the week I place the order. Part of what to expect depends on how the post office routes packages to the place you live.

the orders i've placed from b&h come within 1-5 days, depending on the shipping option and how far it needs to travel. over the years, i've lived near and not so near to them. when i lived near to them, it was 1 day no matter what option i chose.

they must have a marker in your file to intentionally delay your order so that it takes two weeks.

Overall, I've been very pleased with B&H shipping, but that's because I know what to expect. B&H is not the only online retailer, though, and two week delivery from some is better than you can expect.

two weeks is much worse than normal. even amazon's free shipping is not that bad. i've never had any package take two weeks for domestic shipping. ever.

While you would think that orders to people who live close to NYC come faster when mailed, that's not always the case.

it almost always is.

It depends on how the post office routes their mail. It's not beyond the post office to route a package through Atlanta or Jacksonville and then back north.

usually it takes the most direct path, taking into account where the major sort facilities are.

But, then, you live in Sweden and know all about US business hours and the post office practices.

not only do i not live in sweden but i've never been to sweden.

you continue to demonstrate just how incorrect you are.