Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

PeterN
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromPeterN
Date04/04/2014 02:49 (04/03/2014 20:49)
Message-ID<lhkviv01j7m@news3.newsguy.com>
FollowsMayayana

On 4/3/2014 9:50 AM, Mayayana wrote: <snip>

Mayayana
I wouldn't entirely disagree with your point. CVS and Walgreen's exist in large part because of the tendency you're talking about: People fall for the low prices, ignoring the slightly less obvious fact that by supporting chain stores they're driving out competition. The customer tendency to go only for price is what allows companies like Walmart to thrive. And now it's become what allows online mega-retailers like Amazon to thrive. But it's not as simple as a battle between nice, expert retail clerks and amoral online mega-retailers.

Fortunately, there are still a few independent drug stores left. I don't mind paying several hundred dollars more a year for the service they give.

-- PeterN