Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Martin Brown
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromMartin Brown
Date03/24/2014 11:36 (03/24/2014 10:36)
Message-ID<pUTXu.120230$io3.5626@fx16.am4>
FollowsEric Stevens
Followupsnospam (40m)
PeterN (3h & 2m)
Eric Stevens (11h & 52m)

On 23/03/2014 00:37, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:38:49 -0400, Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM>wrote:

Robert Coe
And where is it written that even good corporations should be insulated from any form of public ownership? Corporations aren't reluctant to seek public "bailouts", willingly trading bonds or ownership stakes to get them.

Eric Stevens
It takes _two_ willing parties to do a deal.

No it doesn't. Try negotiating on price with a ticking bomb on the table and a gun held to your head, when you have toothache with a dentist, or bleeding to death with a US medic...

The banks were "too big to fail" and as such were able to completely screw over the tapayers in a "heads we win tails you lose" scam.

Shareholders never halt the increase the remuneration for CEOs in an unending spiral whilst simultaneously laying off workers to drive wages for the peons down. US and UK CEO to median wage ratios are obscene.

It is no surprise that they all sit on each others remuneration committees and make trite claims like "we are all in it together".

-- Regards, Martin Brown

nospam (40m)
PeterN (3h & 2m)
Eric Stevens (11h & 52m)