Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

nospam
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
Fromnospam
Date04/03/2014 17:24 (04/03/2014 11:24)
Message-ID<030420141124594146%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsTony Cooper

In article <jpoqj95lssh6i9tgp4mhrjpali93tovhfo@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>wrote:

Tony Cooper
nospam must be right, then. I do things the hard way. I do, if the product represents a significant expense, check reviews and ratings before entering the store. Seems like the best way to do it.

Sandman
Many people do - that doesn't make it a smooth buyer experience, just like I said. It's an added step you have to add before you go to the store.

Tony Cooper
Yes, learning all you can about a product you intend to buy is an added step. Omitting that step can make the purchase process smoother, but can also result in buying the wrong product or buying from the wrong source. Why you think this "bump" in the purchasing process should be avoided in order to keep the process "smooth" is rather strange.

that step applies to any purchase, whether it's online or in a store.

So a $10 difference, after shipping charges, of one item establishes that camera stores charge double? And, you had to wait for delivery. What if you needed it today? What if what is offered online is a knock-off product from China that isn't as good a quality?

Sandman
Tony working hard to make it seem the prices quoted aren't "about double" by adding unrelated parameters.

Tony Cooper
Shipping costs are an unrelated parameter in deciding whether or not an online supplier's price is competitive?

Sandman
Unknown shipping costs, added by you without knowing if there were any.

Tony Cooper
Uhhh...get your story straight. If he is talking about B&H as you say below, B&H charges shipping. I've purchased many items from B&H, and their shipping charge policy is not unknown to me.

stores charge sales tax plus there's fuel costs to get to the store and sometimes parking charges, depending on the location of the store.

technically one should pay use tax in lieu of sales tax but almost nobody does that.