Re: Calumet files Chapter 7

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Calumet files Chapter 7
FromTony Cooper
Date04/05/2014 17:33 (04/05/2014 11:33)
Message-ID<b780k9lhcnle4kg27d8j6ick5oar0l1gr6@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (36m)

On 5 Apr 2014 13:48:18 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <s5svj9toca0ok75gm28k1nqd8ibpgt53ir@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper wrote:

nospam
plenty of places sell apple products, including best buy and walmart, two huge retail outlets in the usa. there are other stores in other countries that sell apple products. heck there are even vending machines that sell apple products.

as for the price controls, what the stores often do is include other stuff, like gift cards, printers, carrying case, etc., to spice up the deal.

and of course, there are all the non-apple products being sold.

there is *plenty* of competition.

Eric Stevens
There is a lot more competition when you are subjected to an onslaught of choices from a plethora of competing products.

Sandman
Oooh, interesting. "onslaught" ey? May I be so bold as to ask what you mean by "onslaught" here? Just so you're prepared when Tony will question your usage of the word. :)

Tony Cooper
Evidently "satirical reference" is another concept Popinjay does not grok.

Sandman
It seems Andreas is busy ascribing motives to another poster yet again. While it may be true that it was a humorous reference, it doesn't change the fact that you are known to question correctly used instances of the word in question - so either Eric used the word incorrect and thus you have no problem with it, or he used it correctly and you should object loudly (and for weeks, if not months).

Eric was poking fun at your usage. You may just be catching on that it was intended as a humorous reference, but we're all not that slow.

I have not made fun of "instances" of inappropriate use of the word in question. There has been just the one clanger, not a plural of uses. That's rather the point: no one else would use it that way.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Sandman (36m)